February 15, 2010

A Milestone and Vegas

I'm halfway there!

We just spent the weekend in Las Vegas! It was such a blast and so great to get away and have a change of scenery. The sunshine was just what I needed. We figured this would be our last get away since my traveling will be limited in the future. Even though this wasn't the first time we left Bentley, it was the first time family was unable to watch him, so we had to leave him at a kennel. This was an experience I was definitely unprepared for. Maybe it was just my crazy pregnancy emotions, but I was an absolute wreck by the time we left the kennel and Bentley behind. If I was this upset over leaving my dog, what am I going to be like with kids?! Fortunately, Austin was there to get me through it and we had a wonderful trip.

We were once again able to stay with our wonderful friends who live in Henderson. They are always so generous to share their home with us and there little girls are absolutely adorable. We were able to see 2 shows while there: "O" by Cirque du Soleil and The Lion King. Both were really good. I had never seen anything like "O" before. The whole show was done with a water stage and the acrobats were amazing! I was in awe every minute of the show. No trip to Vegas is complete without a little shopping. Thanks to a dear understanding friend, I was introduced to the wonderful world of Gap Maternity, ironically not found in Utah. I have officially started a maternity collection to add to my current wardrobe. However, based on my research and the prices I have seen, I have a feeling I'm going to have a very small maternity wardrobe or I'm going to have to get creative.

Like all good trips, this one ended way too soon. I have to admit that I was a little anxious to get back to Bentley and make sure he was okay. Turns out he survived the weekend at the kennel, but we sure heard about it all the way home. There were times when it literally sounded like he was laughing and times when he was really sad. Needless to say, I think it will be a very long while before we board him again.

Bentley has grown so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment