February 27, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll


Wow! Another month has flown by. Here's a few highlights of what happened: I finished designing the Park City and Riverton Hospitals. Phew! Austin and I went to Las Vegas over Valentine's/President's Day weekend. Friday we stayed in St. George and went to Texas Roadhouse with Kajsia and Matt and then glow in the dark miniature golfing. We were quite entertained to say the least! Thanks Kaj! On Valentine's we started out the day by having a delectable breakfast at 25 Main, a Cafe in St George. After we were off to Vegas where we went to Rainforest Cafe for an early dinner. Flava Flave happened to be at the table next to us and wished us a "Happy Thanksgiving! uh, I mean Valentine's..." He was actually quite friendly. That night we saw Phantom of the Opera,

walked around some shops, and picked up some lettuce wraps and the Great Wall of Chocolate from PF Changs and had a late night snack back at our hotel.


Sunday we stayed with our friends Chris and Brittany and their 2 cute little girls. I want to thank them for their hospitality! We always have a blast when we visit. Monday we did some shopping at the Miracle Mile shops and headed back home. It was a well needed getaway weekend! On the 17th I was called to be the Second Counselor in the Young Women's. I'm so excited for this calling because I feel so strongly about this organization in the church. I'm happy to be a part of this program again. Perhaps our biggest news of the month is that we are now under contract to purchase a townhome. Yay! We negotiated a really great deal and my commute will be cut in half. I'm especially excited because I will get to select a lot of the finishes such as paint, carpet, counters, and tile. The only thing is since it is being built we have to wait 4-5 months before it's finished. However, while some may see that as a downside their is a bright spot and that is I will get to serve in my new calling for that amount of time. As short as it is I feel very blessed to be where I'm at. Now the countdown begins...

3 comments:

  1. That is really neat! You had a lot of big news to share, now I really feel like I haven't talked to you in a long time! I'm glad you decided on the townhome. Is it the same one you showed me a while back? If it is...I LOVE IT! I can't wait to hear and see more.
    It sounds like you guys are doing great and I'm excited for your new calling! Don't stop posting, because I love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is my absolute favorite. I am so jealous.

    Sounds like things are going really well for you. Congrats on the townhouse that is so exciting.

    We need to get together soon. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I am glad you guys have a blog! Now we can keep in touch! That is so awsome you decorated those hospitals! That would be so fun, and I am sure you did a great job! I hope you keep your blog updated. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete