April 26, 2011

April Fun!

This past month was both busy and fun! April 1st gave us some of the nicest weather we've yet to see. Austin and James came down after I got off work and we enjoyed some delicious J Dawgs and a picnic by the campus waterfall. J Dawgs is a hot dog place near campus that was started by a student. I'm not usually a fan of hot dogs, but these are definitely the exception. I find it very hard to resist their "special sauce" absorbed by the signature criss cross cut of the hotdog. If you're ever near the South East part of BYU's campus, it's definitely worth the stop!

While on our "picnic" we visited some ducks and were surprised by a squirrel dropping seeds on us as we walked under a tree. It was refreshing to finally enjoy some decent weather, although short lived.



On the 8th I planned a surprise date night for Austin. We went to the BYU Ballroom Dance Concert and it was awesome! One of my favorite dances they did was a montage of popular Nintendo video games from when I was growing up such as Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, Pong, and some others using a black light. Very original! If you ever have the opportunity to see one of their concerts, do it!

After the concert we went to a place called Spark. It is a restaurant/lounge that is known for their non alcoholic specialty drinks. Austin ordered a Berry Martini and I a Shirley Temple. We also ordered the chocolate mousse dessert. So much fun! I thought this was a great way to celebrate the 5th anniversary of our very first date :)



Here are some things that James has been up to this month:

He is a great toy holder, he can pull himself up using anything, he loves bath time and anxiously awaits the next time he can splash, and he likes to ride his toys around the room while daddy pushes him extra fast!

He is a busy boy and keeps us on our toes. I can't wait to see what comes next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment