May 29, 2011

Busy, busy

May has turned out to be one of the wettest months in history. That would have been okay if warm weather would have accompanied the rain, but that was not the case. I think we were all going a little stir crazy from the long winter.


It's hard to resist a face like that , so despite the chilly weather, we bundled everyone up and went out for a walk. James loves to go for walks, especially when we bring Bentley. The kid laughs at him nonstop. I don't know why taking a dog for a walk is so funny, but it is. We also saw some other friends along the way. It was a great day for James!




On May 5th, my younger sister graduated with her Culinary Arts degree. She is quite talented and I am so proud of her accomplishments! She is set to do an internship this summer in Ireland. I'm am so excited for her adventure and look forward to seeing what else she will learn.

We were greeted by Chinese dragons?
Not sure what the correlation is between those and a graduation,
but they kept James entertained for a while...

Watching the dragons dance.

My dad with James.
We all took turns trying to keep him occupied :)

This is how Brandon kept Hudson occupied ;)

Yay for graduating!

Friday the 13th turned out to be quite an exciting day! Austin and James were invited by a friend and his two girls to go to the zoo with them. I think they had a lot of fun and apparently the animals were very interactive and fun to watch.




I don't think this guy was as interactive as the others...
The zoo has a Zoorassic Park theme going on right now.

I can't believe this was a "baby" giraffe.
He is already 12 feet tall!!

I love giraffes and their unique spots!

James turning to get another look.


James and daddy at the zoo!

A special thanks to our friends for inviting them to tag along for a day of fun!

That night we celebrated my birthday with my family. It was the warmest day of the year to date. I decided to make the most of it, so we went miniature golfing at my favorite place! Austin and I are avid miniature golfers and have usually gone a few times by my birthday, but due to our lack of spring weather, this was our first time out and we had a lot of fun. I think everyone else did too :)



My attempt at a candid photo.
I think a couple of them caught on...


Sisters!

Cousins!

"Let me help you with that!"

Waiting for the Great Wall of Chocolate at PF Changs!
So yummy!!
If you haven't tried it yet, you should.
It's life changing ;)

All tuckered out!

Thanks to my wonderful family for making another birthday so special! I love the time we spend together!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for updating your blog! I loved all the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete