July 12, 2011

Happy Birthday James!

This past weekend we celebrated James' 1st birthday!!! I hope it was a great couple of days for him and that he could feel how special he is to everyone in his life. Since James' loves our dog so much, or rather, dogs in general, we decided to throw a puppy themed party.

The invite looked something like this:

I got the invitations from here.

Some pictures of the spread:



Austin was so great to stay up the night before
to bake the cakes and cookies with me.
He did such a great job with the cookies!

My dad is the resident grill master!
He seriously makes the best hamburgers and hot dogs :)

Some of the guests:





What's a puppy party without a puppy to play with?


The Cake:


Special thanks to my mom for helping me execute my cake idea.
The main paw is white cake and the toes alternate between
confetti cake and chocolate cake.







Opening presents:





James seriously loves anything to do with music!

I gave James his own ABC book that I made using Heritage Makers.
I used the alphabet to show pictures of people in his life
and things he's experienced during his first year.
Check out a preview here!

A huge THANK YOU to my parents for letting me host the party in their backyard. We had such a great time with everyone who came and appreciate the love and support of all our friends and family. James also thanks you for his gifts!

1 comment:

  1. The cake turned out adorable. He is such a little cutie. Hope you guys are doing well. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete