October 17, 2011

Our New Home

Our current house needed some tlc before and after we moved in. It has taken some time, but I think we are pretty much settled with a few odds and ends left. The house we bought was foreclosed on. Apparently they had renters in there that didn't appreciate having to leave. They made this clear by:

-Stained/pulled up the beautiful berber carpet- I should actually thank them for that ;)
-Chipped/cracked existing tile
-Dirtying up the place- black grout, throwing bbq or chocolate sauce at the wall, letting sticky things drip down the inside of the cabinets, etc. Seriously, so gross!
-The garbage disposal, stove/oven, turntable and vent cover to microwave, towel racks, toilet paper holders, gas valve cover to firelplace were all missing.
-The dishwasher was also missing its bottom rack and the fridge was missing a couple of bins and shelves and the ice maker.

Nothing super major, mostly cosmetic type things, but it all adds up and is slightly inconvenient. It only took me 2 1/2 days to clean the kitchen, but I knew it couldn't be more sanitary or clean when I put everything away. Oh, and those magic erasers? They really are magic!

Here are some before and after shots:









I have big plans for this kitchen table,
so stay tuned!










The plus side was getting new carpet for the whole house, new tile for the downstairs, and new appliances and light fixtures. We've really been able to make the place our own! I think we're going to like it here...

No comments:

Post a Comment