November 30, 2009

November News

November ended up being quite the month. My Grandpa McBride unexpectedly passed away on the 10th. This was a very sad event for my family, but I know we'll all get through it. I will miss him a great deal. He was someone I always looked up to and could count on to make my day that much better. Even though there is never a good time to lose someone I feel very fortunate to have been able to spend some time with my grandpa just a few weeks before he passed. He and my grandma were out for a visit. While here, they came to the open house for the Riverton Hospital and I was able to show them the work I do. After, we all went to dinner together. The following day my grandpa came to a BYU football game with us and I sat next to him, so I was able to spend some time talking with him. It really makes you appreciate those small moments in life that you didn't know were happening until you take a step back. Austin and I were fortunate enough to be able to attend his funeral in Tennessee. I was privileged to have been asked to play in a violin/flute duet with a piano accompaniment at the funeral. I knew my grandpa was an amazing person, but it was nice to see how many other people thought the same thing. I learned so much more about him and the life he lead. I hope I can follow his great example and live up to the legacy he created. He will definitely be missed!!!

Me and my grandpa at the BYU game!
(It had started to rain and he was very innovative in creating a rain coat)

The weekend after we returned from Memphis, our puppy was delivered to us. He is a mini goldendoodle. His mom was a golden retriever and his dad a toy poodle. We named him Bentley and he is one of the friendliest dogs I have known. We chose this breed because they are supposed to be very family friendly, loyal, smart, and low to non shedding. He's a ball of energy and already too smart for our own good. I know we have some fun adventures ahead of us!



These pictures are 3 days after we brought him home! So cute!!!

The 25th was Austin's birthday. For his birthday I surprised him by taking him to Pirate Island Pizza in Orem. Even though he may be 27, there is definitely still a kid in him that comes out more often than not. I think he was really excited to go there. The restaurant is pirate themed, so it was fun to walk around and see all the decor. Plus, our server was dressed in pirate garb and had a great pirate accent to go along with it. We had a lot of fun playing the arcade games and continuing our on going battle of who's better than whom at air hockey.


I think they serve the largest pizza's ever!

Of course, with November comes Thanksgiving. I'm grateful that there has been a time set aside for us to be able to think about all the things were thankful for. It's so easy to get caught up in the everyday business of life, but I truly have been blessed for countless things in my life. I hope I'm always able to recognize the things I have been blessed with even if sometimes they come in the form of challenges. Life is too short to not recognize all that we have been given. I hope I can continue to make the most of everyday.

1 comment: