Well, my due date has come and gone. It was rather uneventful. I wish I could say the excitement has picked up since then, but it has not. Austin is becoming more anxious everyday. I, on the other hand, have my moments. Sometimes I think, "Enough already, let's just get this baby here and move on." Other moments I think, "I'm okay with this. I know how to be pregnant. Sure it's not the most convenient thing in the world, but at least I know what to expect."
Truth be told, I'm a little hesitant due to the whole labor and delivery aspect. I have no idea what to expect other than some degree of pain. While I am excited to have a baby, it's not quite the spectator sport for me as it is for the husband, so with all due respect I am okay with letting the baby decide when to makes its appearance. In the meantime, I am enjoying my afternoon naps and getting through some of the projects that have been on my to do list for months. Too bad the list keeps growing!
At this point, I know that sometime in the next week our baby will be here. That is the most bizarre thought to me. One moment I'm pregnant with no baby, the next we have a tiny being that has been placed in our permanent care and I will have joined the world of parenthood. Wow! That is quite the responsibility. I'm sure the road won't always be a smooth one, but I think it's the bumpy ones that are the most fun anyway ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I didn't know you had a blog until I saw your comment on Ashley's! Enjoy every last minute you have before the baby is here! I wish that I had waited for my girls to come when they were ready but ended up losing patience and being induced with both. For me, labor and delivery was way easier than being pregnant. Maybe because l&d is generally over in a matter of hours whereas you are pregnant for over 9 months??? You will do great and before you know it, you're little one will be here and life will change forever! Luckily, they are totally worth it! :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there! Just imagine the worst and it will be better than that! I can't wait to meet the new addition and I can't wait to find out what it is! AWW, I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete