December 7, 2010

A Sad Subaru

Life is full of ups and downs. I'm experiencing a lot of those right now. The biggest down is this:




Sadly, this is Austin's car. Ten days ago someone pulled a hit and run on us. Austin parked his car in front of his parents house while we were there watching the BYU-Utah game. When we left later that night we came outside to his damaged car. No note, no person coming to the door to say, "Oops, I made a mistake. Sorry!" The result? $1800 worth of damage. Fortunately we have insurance, unfortunately we still have to pay the $500 deductible. This came at the most opportune time...NOT!

I have had a really hard time dealing with this. It's really disappointing that someone would do this and not own up to it, especially when it was clearly one of Austin's parents neighbors or someone visiting them. I understand accidents happen and no one did this intentionally, but why can't their insurance pay for it instead of ours? All we know is that a black car backed into our car. Not much to go on. I held out hope for a couple of days that the person's conscience would get the best of them, but I guess not. I am grateful that none of us were in the car at the time it happened. That would've been a lot worse! It's also fortunate that Austin was parked facing the way he was, otherwise the driver's door would've been damaged and he probably wouldn't have been able to drive it. The other positive is that only the door was damaged so no real harm was done to the structure of the car, only cosmetic so to speak :) Such is life and we will keep moving on.

Now for an up: James is now 5 months old and is on the brink of rolling over. A few days ago he rolled from his tummy to his back, but has yet to do it again. He is so close to rolling from his back to his tummy. It's so fun to see him grow and learn all these new things!

James at 5 months
He truly is a very happy boy!
We are so blessed to have him and his sweet disposition in our home!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the car. That sucks. James is getting so big. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete