January 27, 2011

A Quick Update

Paty is now under contract! We are optimistic that everything will go smoothly and we'll be able to close by the end of February. I can't believe how quickly James is growing. He had his 6 month checkup earlier this month and is now 27 inches and 17 pounds.

We have started to feed him solid foods. Sometimes he likes to try and feed himself. You can see how well that works out ;) Thank goodness for bath time! So far he likes everything except peas. Can't say I blame him there! Peaches and squash seem to be his favorites.

I've started teaching a new semester and I have to say that my students are so awesome this time around! This has truly been one of the best semesters I have had. I love teaching so much and am grateful that I still have the opportunity to do that.

This past month we celebrated what would've been my grandpa's 76th birthday and got together as a family and play a game called Shang Hai. This particular game means a lot to my family since my grandpa is the one who taught it to us. It was especially fun because I made my dad Shang Hai cards for Christmas and this was the first time we used them. In the past the game has been played with rook cards, but now we have official Shang Hai cards that I was able to design. If you would like to see a preview of them click here.

My grandma also came into town from Tennessee and I had a great time seeing her and letting James hang out with her too. I had so much fun surprising her with her own set of Shang Hai cards too!! We've started a fun tradition of having a girl's night out with all the aunts and cousins when grandma is in town and I'm already looking forward to her next visit!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you guys the other night & to finally meet your adorable little boy! Lets do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete