February 21, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day was fun! My youngest sister slept over the night before so we got off to an early start of celebrating by staying up and playing the Wii. "Just Dance" was a favorite and we laughed a lot!

Monday morning we woke up and made french toast. After, we spent the rest of the day making heart shaped cookies on sticks for my students since I had class that night and playing the Wii some more.

I taught my class, came home, had family home evening, and then Austin and I exchanged gifts. He made me a Valentine box and filled it with m&m's, dove chocolates, and valentine cards from our families and a few friends. I was deeply touched by his thoughtfulness. Here is what his "box" looked like:

Austin is always coming up with nicknames for me. You can see he used a myriad of them on the castle. My gift to him was a book I made through Heritage Makers titled "Top Ten Things I Love About You!" You can check it out here if you would like. One of the valentine's in my box was an itinerary for our date the next day.

We went to a movie in the afternoon, then to the Incredible Pizza Factory where I was instructed that I had to win him in 3 of the 5 games listed in order to get my next clue to the date. Turns out I won him in Mini Bowling, Ski Ball, Basketball, and Air Hockey. My next clue was a scavenger hunt that took us to WalMart and eventually to Olive Garden where I enjoyed a delicious piece of Black Tie Mousse Cake (one of my top 3 desserts). The date was a huge success and we both had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment