
I truly do love the fall season! Austin and I get to celebrate our Anniversary and then all the holiday fun begins. For our anniversary Austin finally took a day off of work so we could spend some much needed time together. That would have been enough for me, but what I didn't know was that he had arranged for our families to watch James for the afternoon and then what turned into overnight. In some ways it's hard to believe we've been married for 4 years and in other ways I catch myself thinking, "it's only been 4 years?!" I'm very excited to see what the future has in store for us.
This year we went up to Park City and shopped at the outlet stores. I had been wanting to go for awhile and get James some clothes since he is quickly outgrowing what he does have. Plus, with the seasons changing, we need to stock up on some warm clothes for him. After shopping Austin gave me the option of going back home or to a hotel. Turns out a mom of one of his client's works for Marriott and offered us her friends and family discount. I had a hard time refusing such a great deal so we decided to stay the night. We asked the concierge at the hotel for dinner recommendations and ended up getting a certificate for that allowed us to get a free entree with the purchase of one. We went to the Butcher's Chophouse and it was delicious! No complaints about getting a free meal either. We definitely would not have been able to go if it weren't for that certificate, so we really lucked out.
After dinner we went back to the hotel and decided to go swimming/hot tubbing since it was indoors. I can't believe all the snow that was up there! It was so nice to sit in a hot tub and be warm. Austin was very sweet and secretly packed all my things since I didn't know we would be staying overnight anywhere. He didn't forget a single thing! After swimming we were able to watch a whole movie with no interruptions! I can't remember the last time we were able to do that. I love that I was able to spend the day hanging out with my best friend in the whole world! The next morning we were able to sleep in, also a luxury these days, and then went back to Sandy to pick up James. I was very anxious to see him, but knew he was being well taken care of. I'm extremely grateful for such a supportive family and there willingness to do such nice things!
I was very much looking forward to Halloween this year with it being James' first! We were able to visit all of our family and let them see him in his costume. It was also fun to see everyone else in there costumes!


No comments:
Post a Comment